Recently I had the pleasure to be interviewed by Ahmed Al Kiremli from BeEfficientTV.
We covered many interesting topics related to demo video production, running an animation studio, the beginnings of Grumo Media, my experience teaching on Udemy, and much more.
I've been interviewed many times but Ahmed was by far the best prepared interviewer I've encountered. Before the interview he did a lot of research about me to come up with over 40 questions for the interview.
Ahmed shared those questions with me so I had enough time to prepare. He even sent me a list of video recording and lighting tips to make sure my video looked and sounded great! Ahmed is a true pro!
Here is a list with all questions I answered in this interview:
- What’s your background and how did you start in this field?
- How did you start making videos?
- Why many companies including yours are focused on using the cartoon style in their demo videos?
- Do you make another types of videos or you brand yourself in this way?
- How many people in your life told you that you look like Javier Bardem or Jeffrey Dean Morgan or Robert Downey Jr as they both look somehow similar?
- What are the tools and software’s that you use for your videos?
- How do you start planning and making the script of your videos?
- Ok next step is the voicecover, tell us about it and it all the voices are human or some of them are computer-generated voices?
- What’s a storyboard and how it’s done?
- How the video illustration process is done?
- How the animation is implemented and by which software?
- Next step is the sound design, what does that means?
- Which formats are recommended for delivering the final video?
- Which Video hosting services you love the most and why?
- Any more tips about the process of creating videos from shooting to effects and others?
- How about the lighting?
- What’s the most difficult stage in the process of making a video for you?
- Why you think your videos are different?
- From your clients feedback how much you think a Demo video will increase the conversion rate and brand awareness in terms of percentage?
- What’s the must ask questions that you ask your clients for when you want to make on awesome demo videos for them?
- How much amount of research you spend in terms of time to make 1-2 minutes video?
- Do you design and implement all the videos by yourself or you have a team working with you?
- Do you think the touch of your accent is an advantage or disadvantage on your videos? What your clients think?
- How did Ashton Kutcher find you or you found him and how much credibility you think he added to your company?
- How many staff you have and how many of them are offline or outsourced?
- Best techniques for the video makers to market for their videos?
- Can you recommend some great resources for the people who want to learn how to make great videos?
- How’s your experience with Udemy and what’s the best online platforms to sell courses or tutorials online?
- Best programs to record video interviews or tutorials online?
- Which program is used for recording the computer screen plus both the host and interviewee at the same time?
- Best tools or plugin to control and strict the videos on certain websites or pages?
- How do you structure your services charges, per video, per minute, for long-term continuous work, please share with us some figures.
- Please share with us some tips and tricks for better Video SEO?
- Tell us more about your other projects that you are currently working on or planning for the future?
- What's your daily life and work routine looks like?
- What are your other hobbies?
- Who’s your no.1 mentor?
- If you are just starting today in your field, from where you will start and what are you going to focus on to be more successful?
- The most important factors for success in 3 words?
- What are the Top 3 apps that you use on your smart phone?
- What are the habits that you are trying to develop to stay efficient?
- What are your top 3 favorite books?
- What are the top 3 people that you are inspired by?
- Do you listen to any music when you work?
- What makes you really happy?
- Do you have any notes or suggestions to improve Be Efficient Tv?
- How people can contact you?
Did you enjoy this interview? Here you have 10 more interviews with Miguel Hernandez:
How to build your brand the Grumo Way - Interview by The Business Growth Podcast
Learn all about video production at Grumo Media – Interview with Miguel Hernández by Jon Acosta
The origins of Grumo Media: A story of trial and error – Miguel Hernandez
Running an Animation Studio by Grumo Media - Interview by Animation Orbit
“Life is too short not to take risks” – Audio Interview with Grumo
How To Make Money Teaching on Udemy – An Interview by GigHopping
How Grumo Overcame His Fear of English and Built a Successful Company
How To Create Videos That Get You Customers – Mixergy Interview
Explainer Videos Explained: Interview by The Local Method
Grumo Advice to First Time Entrepreneurs - Interview by Siosism
Get Our Top 10 Video Marketing Tips
Enter your email below to receive the exact strategies we've used to reach over 2,000,000 people with our videos without spending a single dollar in ads
Learn How to Create an Awesome Demo Video The Grumo Way
Whether you are a do-it-yourself type of startup or a beginner wanting to learn how to produce great demo videos, our video training series will be perfect to help you produce outstanding explanatory videos.
Click Here to Learn more about this special offer.